This class is an introductory course recommended for those wanting to learn basic fundamentals and use or as a refresher from prior training.
This is a 3 hour course, involving 2 hours of classroom instruction with an additional hour of practical “live fire” training and range instruction.
Hearing and Eye Protection, Targets, one box of Ammunition (50 rounds), and use of a Pistol will be provided if you need.
Upon completion of this course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the Knowledge, Skills and Attitude Necessary to Shoot a Handgun Safely
- Firearm Safety
- Basic Shooting Positions and Techniques
Students should bring their own handgun if they already own one.
If you don’t have one we can provide one for you, and if you would like to purchase one before the class please see one of our sales consultants before your class date.
What to bring:
- Comfortable attire and weather appropriate (some range events are outdoors – see date listing for details)
- Handgun (optional, can be either a semi-automatic pistol or revolver)
- We recommend you also bring 100 rounds of ammunition (if you don’t have any contact us ahead of the event and we can reserve ammo for your purchase)
- Eye and Ear Protection (if you do not have these we can provide them)
If you have never purchased a firearm, please visit our store and we will help guide you toward a purchase or at least present options.
Also please feel free to stop in and see our classroom facilities and ask any questions you may have to help better prepare you for the upcoming class and any other needs.
Understanding Parts and Function of a Firearm
Part identification leading up to the use of each part.
Overcoming improper information, misunderstandings and fears.
How to Handle a Firearm Safely
Proper use of a firearm.
Grip and stance techniques.